Active Living Programs
Your preschooler will learn through hands-on activities in all areas of our spacious facility – gym, pool, park and classroom
With the expert guidance of our team of creative Early Childhood Education Specialists your preschooler will learn through hands-on activities in all areas of our spacious facility – gym, pool, park and classroom. While your child is getting active in our Active Living Program you could be enjoying all the benefits of MNP Community & Sport Centre! Check out our Membership options.
- Choose the day you would like your child to attend. Register for one day or as many as five. It’s up to you and based on your needs.
- Instructors all have SFA/CPR C, Police Check with Vulnerable Sector, and ECE Child Development Assistant where applicable. As a best practice we encourage all staff to obtain their child Development Assistant. All Instructors have a good understanding on the importance of sport and physical literacy in the development of children.
- Parents must sign the ONLINE WAIVER prior to the first day.
- For ages 2-5 years old
For more information, please contact:
Fall Program Registration dates:
Members: July 17, 2023
Non-Members: July 31, 2023
Winter Program Registration dates:
Members: November 13, 2023
Non-Members: November 27, 2023
Spring & Summer Program Registration dates:
Members: February 12, 2024
Non-Members: February 26, 2024
MONDAYS: April 10-June 26, 2023 – 8:45am – 11:45am
Each week we will introduce a new craft which incorporates fine motor skills. The craft will also work on numbers, colors, shapes along with using a variety of different mediums. After crafting the children will end their morning in the teach pool. Swimming is an introduction to the pool, where children learn to be comfortable either in or out of lifejacket.
Run, Jump & Play
TUESDAYS: April 11-June 27, 2023 – 8:45am-11:45am
Children will enjoy playing games focusing on gross motor skills, while learning how to safely move through different types of equipment, utilizing both the Ninja Chamber and Railyard System. The morning will end with relaxing movement to music and yoga.
WEDNESDAYS: April 12-June 28, 2023 – 8:45am-11:45am
Utilizing the space and the equipment in our gym, children will be introduced to a number of sport activities. This includes racquet sports, ball sports and more. We will then go to the teach pool to experience water activities.
THURSDAYS: April 13-June 29, 2023 – 8:45am-11:45am
Children will learn movement fundamentals which includes running, hopping, and jumping along with some balance. These skills will be taught through games and individual skill building activities.
FRIDAYS: April 14-June 30, 2023 – 8:45am-11:45am
This will be a combo of all sports, possibly a craft and children’s choice. We will ask the children what they like and try to incorporate each child’s idea throughout the program. The focus again will be on the LTAD model as well as fun games to encourage sport growth.
If a child becomes sick while in care, the child must be isolated and parents will be called to pick up the child immediately
Note: Afternoon Active Living Programs coming soon!
Registered Program Refund Policy
- A program cancellation made in writing 5 or more business days* before the start date of the program will be granted a full refund minus a $20 or 20% of program cost (whichever is more) administrative fee.
- A program cancellation made less than 5 business days before the start date of the program is not eligible for a refund.
- If a program is cancelled due to low enrolment registrants will have the option to have a credit applied to their account or a full refund.
- If an individual class is cancelled MNPCSC will first attempt to schedule a make-up class, otherwise registrants will have the option to have a credit applied to their account or a refund for the individual class.
- In the case of missed classes, no refunds or credits will be given.
- Exceptions where a full/ partial refund may be given regardless of the registered program cancelation policy can include Injury or illness preventing participation in the program- a date stamped doctors note MUST be provided. Other extenuating circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Department Manager.
*Business days refers to Monday – Friday excluding statutory holidays.