Summer Sport Camps
Come see all the ways your kids can get active this Summer!
We have created the perfect Summer Camps for your active little ones! In these camps your children will have the opportunity to get active, learn sports, make friendships and have a ton of fun through a variety of different and engaging activities!
ACTIVE START To LEARN TO TRAIN: Our MNP Community & Sport Centre Camps follow the Long Term Development Model from Sport For Life which ranges from ages 0 through to adult. Find out more here.
Mini Sport Launchers (half day)
AGE: 2-3 years
ACTIVE START: Your little one will test-drive and explore all types of sports and activities as an Active Sport Launcher! This half-day camp includes 45 minutes of water action twice a week and fitness fun sessions. The week includes all movement fundamentals and SPORTainment elements. This camp provides your child the opportunity to develop basic movement skills such as learning how to throw a ball and swim. Participants will enjoy meeting new friends while making memories that they will talk about all year.
Note: all kids must be potty trained.
Active Sport Launchers (half day)
Active Sport Adventure
Sport N' Adventure
AGE: 6-7 years
FUNDAMENTALS: A full day camp designed for kids who are looking for fun! This camp includes 60 minutes of water action a day and fun fitness sessions. Each day is balanced with COREsport and SPORTainment features allowing your child to play, discover and engage in a wide range of activities and sports focused on improving the basic movement skills required for physical development and all sports. A focus on physical literacy skills while having fun will help your child be more confident when trying new physical activities or sports.
Multi Sport Adventure
AGE: 8-9 years
FUNDAMENTALS & LEARN TO TRAIN: Unleash your inner sport hero in this full day camp geared towards kids who are looking for action, thrills and challenging obstacles. Weekly activities include 60 minutes of water fun a day and fitness fun sessions. Campers will explore all COREsport and a variety SPORTainment components weekly! Participants will learn basic skills for activities and sports using fundamental movement patterns that build agility, balance and coordination in our COREsport sessions. SPORTainment features will push the limits of action and excitement.
Ultimate Sport N' Adventure
AGE: 10-12 years
LEARN TO TRAIN: This full day camp is packed with excitement and sport experiences to get your heart pumping! Unleash your inner ultimate athlete during a weekly fun run and learn what it takes to push yourself to get a little faster or stronger! COREsport elements such as swimming, court sports, outdoor running and exploring adventures are balanced weekly with our SPORTainment activities. Put your warrior face on- it’s time to test your limits!
Sport Partner Camps
AGE: 6-12 years
ACTIVE START, FUNDAMENTALS & LEARN TO TRAIN: Rocky Mountain Diving Club (RMDC) offers recreational Learn-to-Dive and, pre-competitive programs for all ages. Our goal is to provide quality technical springboard and platform diving instruction at the introductory level in a safe, controlled, and fun environment. We incorporate trampoline and dry board training, as well as dry land strength and flexibility conditioning into all lessons.
Participants must be able to swim 25 metres unassisted and be comfortable in deep water.
AGE: 6-12 years
ACTIVE START, FUNDAMENTALS & LEARN TO TRAIN: MNP Community & Sport Centre has partnered with Killarney Swim Club to introduce your child to the sport of competitive swimming. Instructors will teach basics in the water or help those who are more advanced to perfect their swim strokes. This camp is open to all levels and is a great camp for those swimmers who wish to improve their skills with the goal of transitioning to competition. Your child will learn about the pace clock and pool etiquette.
AGE: 8 -12 years
FUNDAMENTALS, LEARN TO TRAIN: Triathlon is a fun sport that combines multiple disciplines into one. Kronos Triathlon Club has partnered with MNP Community & Sport Centre to bring this amazing sport of swim, bike and run to you. Our focus is developing fitness and physical literacy through drills, technique and games that challenge participants physically and mentally. No previous triathlon experience required, however, participants must be able to swim 25 metres unassisted and be comfortable in deep water.
AGE: 6 -12 years
FUNDAMENTALS, LEARN TO TRAIN: Certified instructors from Chinook Rhythmique Gymnastic Club will teach athletes basic skills in the Olympic Sport of Rhythmic Gymnastics: Exiting blend of dance , jazz, acrobatics, gymnastics and work with apparatus! Athletes are introduced to music and movement and will learn balance and coordination using hoops, balls, ribbons and ropes. Participants do not require any previous experience and will be organized in age appropriate & skill based groups. Swimming occurs daily.
For more information, please contact:
Have you registered already?
Fall Program Registration dates:
Members: July 17, 2023
Non-Members: July 31, 2023
Winter Program Registration dates:
Members: November 13, 2023
Non-Members: November 27, 2023
Spring & Summer Program Registration dates:
Members: February 12, 2024
Non-Members: February 26, 2024
Helping to create more inclusive programming for children. www.betweenfriends.ab.ca
PD Sport Camps
MNP Community & Sport Centre is excited to offer PD Day Camps for children, ages 5 to 12!
Are you looking for something for your children to do during their days off from school? MNP Community & Sport Centre is excited to offer PD Day Camps for children, ages 5 to 12! CoreSPORT & SPORTainment is our exclusive two pronged approach to delivering some of the coolest, most innovative and exhilarating camp programming out there. Take a look and see all the ways your kids can get active and catch the love of sport!
*Your child must be of age for the program by December 31, 2023
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Dates: Fall dates coming soon
Please bring a healthy, peanut-free bag lunch to fuel your kids.
Pre & Post Care
Available for Winter and Spring Break Camps
Book on Portal when registering for Camps.
- Your child must be of age for the desired camp by December 31, 2022.
- Participant forms must be filled out online. Waiver forms must be signed by the parent upon drop off on the first day of camp.
- Parents and anyone authorized for pick up are required to present photo identification.
- Participant medication must be clearly labeled. Inhalers and Epi-pens will be kept with your child.
- List any medical information on the participant form.
- Leadership from qualified, active instructors!
- All staff are First Aid and CPR certified.
- Swimming occurs daily for all 6-12 year old camp programs.
- View Refund Policy at the bottom of this page.
- Registration closes at 12pm on Monday for the following week.
- A program cancellation made in writing 7 or more business days* before the start date of the program will be granted a full refund minus a $20 administrative fee.
- A program cancellation made less than 7 business days before the start date of the program is not eligible for a refund.
- Scroll to bottom of page for more details on cancellation and refunds.
What your Child will Need
Your child needs to bring a towel, swim suit, flip flops, snacks, lunch and water. They must wear clean athletic shoes and clothes they can run, jump and play in! Please ensure they have sunscreen, sunglasses and hats in their backpacks for going outside. We will be outside often throughout the camp. All items need to be labelled with your child’s name.
- Half Day Camps (Active Sport Launchers and Mini Sport Launchers) are 8:30am-12:30pm
- Full day Camps are 8:30am-4:30pm
- Pre Care – 7:30am – Extra cost that is paid at time of Camp registration
- Post Care – 4:30pm -5:30pm – Extra cost that is paid at time of Camp registration
- All pick ups must show ID to pick up their child
- MNP Community & Sport Centre takes pride in providing inclusive programming for all participants; however, we are not in the position to absorb additional costs related to these accommodations.
- If a participant requires additional support please contact the Manager of Children’s Programs as soon as possible.
- MNP Community & Sport Centre is proud to partner with Between Friends – helping children of all abilities to be included in our Summer Sport Camps.
Swim Test Information
- All participants must pass a 25 metre swim test to use the pools without a life jacket (PFD). PFDs are not allowed on the dive towers or Xtreme floatables.
- Swim test consists of: jumping in the water from the raised edge of the pool, swimming a front swim style for 25 metres without touching the side of the pool wall.
CoreSPORT & SPORTainment
CoreSPORT & SPORTainment is our exclusive two pronged approach to delivering some of the coolest, most innovative and exhilarating camp programming out there. Take a look and see all the ways your kids can get active and catch the love of sport!
Swimming: Up to 30 minutes of swimming or swim lessons per day
Sport Discovery: Court Sports, Track & Field, Dodgeball, Outdoor Activities, fitness fun like Yoga or Bootcamp and more!
Floatables: Run, jump and slide your way through our inflatables on the pool.
GAGA Pit, Bouncy Castle and Ninja Chamber: Test your limits with our interactive games and discover your inner ninja with our signature obstacle elements!